Sweater Weather Tag

Tagged by Kel! Thank you Kel!


I know, I know, it's been a month since I last blogged. Don't worry - I'm disgusted with myself. To be fair, I have been blogging over on Dana's blog, so there's some redemption!

This tag made me fall in love with autumn all over again...my favourite time of year is September through to December. There's so much about it I love - the fashion, the smells, the food, but mostly just the seasonal changes. As much as I love sun, curling up in some blankets with a book after being in the cold is a great feeling.

Some of these questions were taken from Ingrid Nilsen's Sweater Weather video and some were taken from the original itsmelexie1.


1. Favorite candle scent?

I am a candle freak so it's hard to pick one. I love Yankee Candles as a go-to, because they have so many different scents that can suit whatever you're looking for. Their autumn range is just lovely. I really like Fireside Treats by them - it has a marshmallow smell that reminds me of bonfires at cold weather, but it's not overpoweringly sweet. 

2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?


Hot chocolate, made with soya or almond milk. Just because it's dairy free doesn't mean it's not delicious! 

3. What's the best fall memory you have?


Fireworks night in England as a kid. It was always so bloody cold but November 5th really just epitomises everything about autumn that's great - wearing lots of layers, scarves and hats, hot drinks, sweet treats and fire.

4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? 

Winged eyeliner is a trend I'd wear all year, so I have to say the dark lip. I think rich plum lips really work with the fall palette!

5. What do you want to be for Halloween?

I don't do Halloween but I've been informed by two of my closest friends that I have to be Buttercup from The Powerpuff Girls for the big on-campus costume party. We'll see....I'm open to suggestions!


6. Best fragrance for fall?

Weirdly, one of my favourite autumn scents is a antibacterial hand gel someone brought me back from America. It's New England Autumn Bouquet by Bath and Body Works and I have the smallest amount left, which makes me very sad, because I can't easily get hold of another. Trying to be sparing with it but it reminds me of autumn so much I like to to use it all the time.

I think musky smells go hand in hand with autumn, because they're not as floral as a summer scent and they have that darker edge to them that makes me thinking of earlier evenings and being bundled up in layers. The Body Shop do their classic White Musk (which reminds me of my mum) but I actually really like their White Musk Smoky Rose. 

My friend also just gave me the Victoria Secrets Amber Romance Shimmer Mist, which has a really clean autumnal smell - plus it's orange! Who doesn't love sparkles?


7. Favorite Thanksgiving food?


Thanksgiving isn't a big thing in England. At all, in fact. But I have American family so my mum always makes sure we have a meal around the same time. We usually just use it as an opportunity to take a step back from our busy lives and acknowledge what we have to be thankful for, which can be so easily lost in the day to day drama of life. We eat a traditional roast dinner, so my favourite food would be the stuffing!

8. What is autumn weather like where you live?

Cold and windy, but generally still bright and crisp. The seasons don't change as dramatically in London unfortunately but my flat this year is surrounded by trees so I've noticed it a lot more.

9. Hats or Scarves?

Scarves. I used to love hats, but now my hair is short so I don't think they suit me as well now!


10. Most worn sweater?

I don't know really. I don't have many sweaters that have lasted for me to wear them year after year. I just got a nice thick cardigan though, which I will probably wear to death.


11. Must-have nail polish this fall?

Same with lips, I love a burgundy or plum nail in the fall. Even as dark as a brown. Essie do the biggest range of colours and they last too. I like Merino Cool by them, but I also have Divine Wine by Rimmel which I'm wearing at the moment! 


12. Football games or jumping in leaf piles?

Jumping in leaf piles. I love American football though.


13. Skinny jeans or leggings?

Skinny jeans for sure.


14. Combat boots or Uggs?

Hmmm, combat boots. Uggs are fun and comfy, but I wouldn't wear them outside. I hate wet feet and there's a good chance of getting them in England if you wear Uggs outside.


15. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?

To be honest, I've never tried the famous PSL so I couldn't say whether or not I think it's worth it. I do really like pumpkin soup and pumpkin pie, so I might like it.


16. Favorite fall TV show?


At the moment, Once Upon A Time because Season 5 just started airing and I looooove that show, but also Reign. Also, has anyone noticed how it's like perpetually autumn on The Vampire Diaries? 

17. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?

I may have mentioned this but Talking Is Hard by Walk The Moon was definitely my summer album, but I definitely prefer a slower tempo in the autumn months. I'll probably be listening to a bunch of Halsey, Florence, Sleeping At Last, and anything else with a ethereal sound. I'm listening to Years and Years, and The Weeknd a lot. But really my music isn't really affected by the seasons. I tend to just listen to what I like.

18. What's your #1 favorite thing about fall?

Probably having bonfires and the nights drawing in fast. I love it being dark longer and the leaves turning red. Bundling up against the cold, taking walks and the build up to Christmas.




Did you agree with any of my sweater weather answers? If so (or not) comment below! :)

I always go to tag people, but they've already done it! So feel free to do this tag if you want - I'm tagging you all!

Comments