SADDLE UP! The complete book playlist for VENGEANCE ROAD by Erin Bowman


I get super excited about book playlists. Music can be such an important part of the writing process and finding a song that perfectly sums up a feeling or a scene from your book...well, there's nothing like it. You can almost convince yourself that the artist wrote it for you (in your very sad moments haha).

So when Erin told the posse she was releasing the Vengeance Road playlist to the world this week, I was a screaming ball of excitement! OKAY, YA western, action, kickass heroine...I was looking forward to hearing what sounds inspired Erin as she wrote it.



(What? I will look for any excuse to use a Chris Pratt/Starlord gif...)

As soon as I saw The Civil Wars and Mumford and Sons for the first two tracks, I was in love. Barton Hollow has always been one of my favourite CW song (they're one of my all time favourite bands FYI), so opening with that won me over! And Dustbowl Dance inspired my final creative writing module piece last term, so it has a special place in my heart. Follow those up with some Johnny Cash and Edward Sharp and the Magnetics? It just gets better every time I listen to it. Overall, the whole album really captures that Western feeling brought up-to-date, just like Vengeance Road does. I know what I'm going to be listening to until release day...

Check out the full tracks below:





You can listen to all the tracks here:





What do you guys think? Does the sound of the playlist get you in the mood for the book? Let me know in the comments section below!

Comments