Release Day Blitz: VENGEANCE ROAD by Erin Bowman

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE!

I've been on the posse for a the summer but the release day for Vengeance Road is finally here! Congratulations to Erin - happy book birthday, Boss Lady! ;)


Title: Vengeance Road
Author: Erin Bowman
Publisher: HMH for Young Readers
Publication Date: TODAY (Sept 1st 2015)
Format: eARC
Genre: YA, Western, some romance
Read if you like: I honestly can't think of a title that compares with this, but if you're a fan of the old gritty Westerns (think Clint Eastwood) and Django Unchained, you'll love this
Rating: 4.5/5


Summary:

When Kate Thompson’s father is killed by the notorious Rose Riders for a mysterious journal that reveals the secret location of a gold mine, the eighteen-year-old disguises herself as a boy and takes to the gritty plains looking for answers and justice. What she finds are devious strangers, dust storms, and a pair of brothers who refuse to quit riding in her shadow. But as Kate gets closer to the secrets about her family, she gets closer to the truth about herself and must decide if there's room for love in a heart so full of hate.      

In the spirit of True Grit, the cutthroat days of the Wild West come to life for a new generation.   


Want to catch up on all the Vengeance Road posts I've done this summer? Check them out:







I also did these two pieces of lyric art based on the songs from Erin's playlist - Hold My Hand by Delta Rae and The Devil's Backbone by The Civil Wars (and one of my personal favourites!) I was mostly mucking around with overlays and double exposure on PicMonkey but I love the way they turned out, and I hope I can make more!




All in all, it's been an amazing summer helping to promote this fantastic book (seriously, could not gush enough about it in my review so I'm doing it here AGAIN). The Posse rides on though, until we turn to dust! *kicks heels into her stallion and gallops off into the sunset*





Comments